Video

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Have the Terrorists Already Won?

Have you seen the security at the Superbowl? Have you noticed security at different venues when a crowd exists?

My wife and I were in Miami last Saturday night, early Sunday morning before the Pro Bowl. On the way to our terminal we pass by the stadium in Miami. When I passed the stadium, I looked and seen a massive show of force of homeland security, Miami Dade Police, State Troopers etc.

Today, i was on the phone with a friend of mine who is at the Superbowl which is being held in the same venue as the Pro Bowl last week. He said that the show of force, the unbelievable show of a near militia type police presence is amazing. Armed with automatic weapons, bomb dogs, military like movement throughout.

I look around and we have cameras everywhere, from street cams to stop light cams, security cameras on seemingly every corner.

Have they, the terrorists, already won and we are just too stubborn, proud, mindless to acknowledge the win? I have friends who laugh at me because I won't go to a movie theater with them. I try to stay out of shopping malls and other crowded arenas. Scared, not really, just pessimistically cautious I think. I just would rather not be on every security camera, in the line of every police officer, seen by every security force that exists. I feel invaded every time I have to go into an area that requires that I show I.D. that I wouldn't have had to show before 9/11.

You tell me, have they already won? I believe an argument that they have does exist.

In God I Trust
Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW

No comments: